Increase in mortgage applications
Increase in cross and up sales
Reduction in cost per sale
A significant systems re-platforming was required for customer facing teams across the business, impacting head-office, 680 branches and four contact centres. Nationwide wanted to maintain their industry leading customer experience and business performance during the transition and deliver the business case for the change as quickly as possible thereafter.
A people engaged change approach was adopted
Ensuring everyone understood
- The company strategy, customer behaviours, preferences and trends
- Why the system re-platforming was required
- The difference the new system would make to the business, customers and staff
Engaging everyone in their part
- Toolkit to support the cascade process ensuring messages were consistent and all staff were engaged within the agreed time frame
- Team and individual performance levels, mindset and behaviours required to deliver the business case explored and signed up to
Creating confidence and capability to deliver
- Champions trained to coach, train and support their allocated parts of the organisation on this journey
- Management information to track the programme rollout and the application of the desired mind set and behaviours
Benchmarked against the Financial Services industry this is clearly an exceptional development programme. It shows the power of learning when it is so closely aligned to the needs of individuals, the organisation and its customers.